Welcome to Action Powdercoating in Albuquerque, NM, We offer powdercoating services for automotive, residential and commercial applications. We have been doing business in the Albuquerque area since 1988. After years of sourcing our powder coat work to other vendors, we were frustrated at the quality of work, expensive pricing and long turnaround times. We decided to purchase all new, state-of-the-art equipment to powdercoat our own iron and ornamental work. Our quality powder coat services were so popular, we then started getting requests for powder coat by itself. Action Powdercoating was born.
Located in Albuquerque, NM our facilities include metal fabrication and powdercoat
We have state of the art equipment to coat, finish, prep and repair any metal item you have. We will pickup and uninstall your items, prep and repair, recoat and reinstall.
Located centrally in Albuquerque, NM we offer residential services for most of New Mexico, and powdercoat services worldwide. Call use for a quote, our prices are among the most competitve in the US, with a high standard of craftmenship and quality powders, Action Powdercoating
is your number one source for Powder coat.
What is Powder Coat ?and why should I use it?
Powder coating is a type of dry coating, which is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form. The coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a "skin." The powder may be a thermoplastic or a thermoset polymer. It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals, such as "whiteware", aluminium extrusions, and automobile and motorcycle parts. Newer technologies allow other materials, such as MDF (medium-density fibreboard), to be powder coated using different methods.
Advantages of powder coating (wiki)
There are several advantages of powder coating over conventional liquid coatings:
- Powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Capital equipment and operating costs for a powder line are generally less than for conventional liquid lines.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
- A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.